We are looking for Professional Stream Teachers to work in teams, with each member contributing to the continuous improvement of teaching and learning materials and support for students. Professional Stream Teachers are responsible for the successful implementation of Professional Stream Curriculum across grades 9-12.
Please note, shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the interview on 29th June (London) or 30th June (Manchester) ’19.
- Deliver the curriculum according to 21st-century teaching and learning principles.
- Model and support an applied, learner-centred, hands-on classroom environment that promotes learner engagement and participation.
- Ensure that students reach the expected age-related outcomes.
- Create a positive, active, practical, applied learning environment.
- Manage all facilities and activities related to achieving student learning.
- Play a leadership role in modelling behaviour, attitudes, and learning behaviours for students.
- Support the learning process by identifying needs and guiding students to achieve their learning objectives.
- Ensure assessments are delivered according to the assessment strategy and guidelines, in a valid and rigorous manner.
- Maintain an accurate record of student achievement and performance.
- Create positive and effective relationships with colleagues.
- Promote a positive teaching and learning environment in the Ministry of Education (MoE) schools across the Emirates.
- Facilitate applied lessons in an engaging and progressive manner.
- Ensure the successful implementation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant degree from an accredited higher education institute in any of the following disciplines:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Travel & Tourism
- Event Management
- Environmental Health & Safety
2. Minimum 2 years of appropriate vocational teaching experience
3. Excellent communicative oral and written English is essential.
4. IELTS 7.0 Academic / 7.5 General (with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill)
- Training and Assessing Qualification
- Internal Verification Qualification
- Masters degree
- CELTA / DELTA
- ESL teaching experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant vocational teaching experience at a recognised educational institute.
- Minimum 5 years of appropriate and relevant industry experience.
- Successful teaching and assessing experience in a range of areas within the specific discipline.
- Ability to use student centred, applied teaching strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of curriculum and related assessment practices within the specific discipline
- Proven ability to implement and evaluate high-quality education & training programs
- ïÄÄKnowledge of relevant policy and educational developments in vocational education and training both locally and internationally
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, liaison and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use Information Technology in the classroom such as smartboard, ppt., Word, spreadsheets, LMS
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and capacity to work effectively in a workforce comprising of UAE nationals and expatriates.
- Proven willingness to work effectively and to contribute to the team environment and objectives.
- Proven capacity to be flexible and responsive to situations
What we will offer:
- Salary of AED 21,000 per month
- Medical insurance for candidate and family, if any
- Air-tickets and visa for candidate and family, if any
- 2 months paid leave
- Other perks and facilities
If you’re interested to apply for the position, kindly fill the form below or write to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.