We are recruiting English teachers from the UK to teach Primary and Secondary students in Government Schools, within the UAE. It will be a two-year contract and the placement can be either Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ajman or Sharjah.
Please note, shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the interview on 29th June (London) or 30th June (Manchester) ’19.
- Deliver the curriculum according to 21st-century teaching and learning principles.
- Model and support a learner-centred, hands-on classroom environment that promotes learner engagement and participation.
- Ensure that students reach the expected age-related outcomes for English.
- Develop and build on young learner’s early literacy skills.
- Develop children’s social and communication skills and provide a safe and secure environment that fosters learning.
- Engage with parents to build and increase parental engagement.
- Create a positive, active, language-rich learning environment.
- Support the learning process by identifying needs and guiding students to achieve their learning objectives.
- Ensure assessments are delivered according to the assessment strategy and guidelines, in a valid and rigorous manner.
- Maintain an accurate record of student achievement and performance.
- Create positive and effective relationships with colleagues.
What we are looking for:
Candidates must have a sound understanding of the mechanics of the English language, with strong written and verbal communication skills. It is essential that the candidate is equipped with teaching strategies that promote best practice. Candidate should possess a positive “can do” attitude and willingness to promote life-long learning across the Ministry of Education schools.
English Primary Teachers who also have experience teaching across disciplines such as Physical Education and Computer Science is desirable.
Candidates must meet at least one of the required criteria options below.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Languages, Linguistics or History + CELTA YL (or Level 5 equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree of Education
- PGCE in Primary Education
- PGCE + CELTA
- DELTA (TEFL Q status)
- MA TEFL
Excellent oral and written English is essential. The following proficiency certificates are accepted:
- IELTS 7 Academic / 7.5 General (with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill)
- Cambridge CAE (C1)
- Cambridge CPE (C2)
- EmSAT minimum of 1625
What we will offer:
- Salary of AED 21,000 per month
- Medical insurance for candidate and family, if any
- Air-tickets and visa for candidate and family, if any
- 2 months paid leave
- Other perks and facilities
If you’re interested to apply for the position, kindly fill the form below or write to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.