We are looking for a Data Scientist for a reputed company in Kolkata, India that will help them discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and make smarter decisions to deliver products for their new project.
- Selecting features, building and optimising classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending the company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Managing a team of developers/coders
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc
- Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Team management skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, depending on the project requirement
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- A bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, math, physics, or another related field
- Previous experience in a similar job position
You can apply for the job directly here on our website or send us an email with your updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com